On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 07:53:14 -0500
rgheck <rgh...@bobjweil.com> wrote:

> Vincent van Ravesteijn - TNW wrote:
> >> Still curious to hear some more opinions and experiences.
> >>

> > I'm succesfully spreading the word of LyX to my supervisors and
> > colleagues.
> >
> > I hope LyX will soon have some new features that will ease this
> > collaboration. As we won't be able to implement everything, it would be
> > nice to know which feature would satisfy most users.
> >

> It'd be nice to have a list of things people need for collaboration. I
> guess we've probably had that discussion before, but I've never thought
> it had a very good outcome.
>
> Richard

Personally, some way of compating/merging documents would be great.

I don't know about others, but I know a lot of people who work with latex, very
few with lyx. We also send out papers in latex. It's very difficult for me to
do the work in lyx as I need to incorporate their changes that were done in
latex somehow, and preferably do it without copying them over.

The best solution would be if I could import the latex document back into lyx
and then compare the two lyx files, although of course there are a lot of
differences due to importing special stuff (don't remember sepecifics at the
moment but I recall that a lot of things import as ert).

I would even settle for just a proper tool to merge two lyx documents, most
everything else can be achieved that way.

 Another nice things would be to be able to diff against version control (if
the previous is possible then this will be a subset also)