On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 17:33:35 -0800
John White <j...@lawquest.com> wrote:

> Folks, I use lyx 1.6.1 on a linux (vector linux slackware) OS
> platform.
>
> 1. I would sure like to be able to make multiple indexes in the
> article class.  I see an article in wikipedia about doing such in
> memoir class but don't want to use Book.

Memoir also has an "article" option. I use the multiple indexing
capabilities of Memoir a lot.

Alternatively, there are LaTeX packages that can do multiple indexes.
Try "multind" or "index". I used "index" before switching to Memoir and
it worked well.

See the TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=multind

HTH,
Alan