Not wrong.  Different.  My eyes are not deceiving me; neither are yours.

Because Mandriva won't configure to use DVIs, it clearly has other problems.
So I tried in SimplyMepis.  The version is newer, but the language selection
is identical.

In the circumstances, it is useless taking the point any further.

Doug.