I just wrote the case-insensitive sort feature and tested it against the latest SVN snapshot. I have included a "Sort (&no case)" checkbox adjacent to the "&Sort" checkbox in the insert-reference dialog. Also, my logic ensures that while both can be switched off, the on-states are mutually exclusive.

If LyX users/developers think this would be a convenient feature, I can submit a patch. In that case, could someone point me to instructions on how to achieve this?

Also, in src/frontends/qt4/ui/RefUi.ui, I see a "Labels" dropdown listbox but I don't see it show up while LyX is running. What is its purpose?

Thanks,
Manoj

Manoj Rajagopalan wrote:
Hi lyx users,

When cross-referencing I find the 'sort' feature useful but it currently sorts case-sensitively which places all upper case letters before all lower case letters. This means labels with the same letters that differ only in case must be looked for in two different places. I was wondering if a second sort option could be included that would allow case-insensitive sorting.

Also, I was wondering if some support could be built in for category-based sorting. For example, a tab could list all eq: prefixed references whereas another could list all fig: prefixed references. These category tables could be grown incrementally each time a user defines a new label.

Thanks,
Manoj