On Mon, 2009-02-16 at 22:08 +0100, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Perhaps the distance between the pixels is different. This "feature"
> is for example possible woth
> TIFF images.

Uwe,

I am interested in this statement. I work everyday with georeferenced
rasters (where distance has a meaning, i.e. you set some unit for your
pixel). But, concerning non-georeferenced rasters, the "distance between
pixels" does not make sense to me.

Pixels are... well, picture elements. And when you have an image 600x600
pixels that's all about it and it depends on the displaying device how
big is each pixel or the printing device on how much you'll get out of
it.

Of course the term pixel is being used in many and varying contexts.
Could you please extent a bit or give some pointers?

Thank you, Nikos