On 30 Jan 2009, jezZiFeR wrote:
> Hello Marcelo,
>
> thanks a lot! This works – thank you also for the explanations.
>
> Best*
> Jess
>

> Am 30.01.2009 um 00:28 schrieb Marcelo Acuña:
>
>>> Hm, well, I really meant to avoid it for the whole
>>> document…
>>>
>>> You mean I could avoid with ERT at the hyphenated line?
>>> Like
>>> "\hyphenpenalty10000"? Doesn´t seem like a
>>> long term solution, especially
>>> for longer documents. Is this going to be revised in a
>>> newer version of
>>> Latex?
>>>
>>> Thanks, best*
>>> Jess
>>>

>> If you put
>> \hyphenpenalty=10000
>> you avoid hyphenation in all lines in the entire document.
>> If you put a lower number, like 200 or 500, you reduce the number of
>> word hyphenated in all lines in the whole documente.
>> \brokenpenalty is for your case.
>> Regards
>>

>> Marcelo Acuña
>> visitá mi sitio web http://www.aleph-uno.com.ar

I was very interested to see this thread because when I posted a query
on the same subject some time ago I got no replies. For one book I fixed
all the instances manually but it was a lot of work. For another, I just
gave up and left it, because on looking at other books by regular
publishing houses I found quite a few which had done the same.

But I don't think it looks good so I shall definitely try Marcelo's
solution next time.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - a...@acampbell.org.uk