On woensdag 18 februari 2009, David Hewitt wrote:
> What the user probably
> wants a figure float set in its own environment as recommended
> above, but with the graphic in the float centered by changing the
> paragraph settings for the graphic *within* the float. This leaves the
> widget at left in the LyX view, which corresponds with the collapsed
> floats in the User's Guide
When I use the paragraph setting in the float frame, the picture is centered
in that frame. When I insert by an ERT a '\begin{center}' and '\end{center}',
then it's not centered in the Lyx view, but it is in the output. In fact I
changed the html2latex utility on my computer (more precisely the latex.pm
script) to produce float figures and inserted this code in the generated TeX
code. It is slightly changed by the TeX -> Lyx converter and gives centered
Lyx views.

Sincerely,
Hubert

--