bigblop schrieb:

When I insert and algorithm float the text in the caption appears as the
title (in the top) of the algorithm. I like having this title but would also
like to have a caption. Is it possible to get both the title at the top and
a caption in the bottom?

The thing you call title is already the caption, it only looks a bit different than other captions. For an alternative, have a look at the program code listing feature that is described in chapter 7 of the EmbeddedObjects manual that you find in the Help menu. These listings can also have a caption.

regards Uwe