Hello,
Lyx 1.6.1 built Sat Dec13 2008
win XP SP3

I have created a system of equations (the cases environment) with 10 columns
and
9 rows.
Many of the cells are empty.
After saving the .lyx, and on clicking on the dvi or pdf icon, I get this error
repeated 27 times:

Extra alignment tab has been changed to \cr

The description of 1 of those errors is:

&  &  &  &  &  &  & V_{0}^{N-1} &
                                         = & bc\end{cases}\]
You have given more \span or & marks than there were
in the preamble to the \halign or \valign now in progress.
So I'll assume that you meant to type \cr instead.

After this, a DVI of PDF viewer fails to appear. In other cases, it works.

regards,
--- Begin Message ---
Hello,
Lyx 1.6.1 built Sat Dec13 2008
win XP SP3

I have created a system of equations (the cases environment) with 10 columns
and 9 rows.
Many of the cells are empty.
After saving the .lyx, and on clicking on the dvi or pdf icon, I get this error
repeated 27 times:

Extra alignment tab has been changed to \cr

The description of 1 of those errors is:

                                        = & bc\end{cases}\]
You have given more \span or & marks than there were
in the preamble to the \halign or \valign now in progress.
So I'll assume that you meant to type \cr instead.

After this, a DVI of PDF viewer fails to appear. In other cases, it works.

regards,

--- End Message ---