Hello,

I actually came across a weird bug in LyX 1.6.1.
I am working in Opensuse 11.1 with the actual new KDE 4.2.1 /Ot 4.5 rc1
release of Opensuse (of today!)
I'm a newbie to LaTeX and LyX and getting a little irritated.

Its as follows:
since today when I type a text in german I get these ( ÃÃÃ) characters
instead of these (üöä). BUt I get the correct characters when holding down
the CTRL-key while typing. I think this is rather inconvenient when typing
on a german keyboard configured for german (and all alanguage configurations
within LyX are correctly set to "german")

I haven't changed anything in the LyX or LaTeX config the last days (as far
as I can remember) but didn't come acreoss this bug before.

Sorry, I feel this might be a rather dumb question, but what can I do to
change this ????

Thanks a lot for your help!

Greets from Berlin
Jörg