On 2009-03-09, Ross O'Connell wrote:
> I'm trying to put together a LyX layout for JHEP3.cls.  This is fairly
> widely used in physics, and produces a nice titlepage and toc.  It has
> the peculiarity that all of the titlepage type material (title, authors,
> abstract, etc.) has to appear /before/ the \begin{document} command.
> I'd like to be able to edit these things through the main LyX interface,
> rather than through the preamble window, so I was wondering if there's a
> way to define a new paragraph style that would put the contents in the
> preamble, rather than after it.

A Style that writes into the preamble is impossible.

But there is a workaround: A separate document with just the "Preamble
Styles" that is exported to TeX and included from the main document preamble
with \input{thepreamble.tex}.

You could also file an enhancement request to bugzilla asking for a
"InPreamble" keyword (similar to "InTitle").

Günter