On Friday 13 March 2009 15:41:48 Stefano Franchi wrote:
> Dear Lyxers,
>
>         I am trying to convert a batch of old documents written with
> Framemaker into LyX. There is a nifty little utility that allows the
> conversion and I have used it successfully in the past (mif2lyx). However,
> it has not been maintained since 2000 and it produces lyx files in the 2.16
> format.

Could you send me (privately) a small lyx file that fails?

Previous lyx versions were quite lenient in the accepted lyx files, they
accepted files that could never be formed by lyx. lyx2lyx tries to be very
liberal in the files that it works with but it is very difficult to cover all
cases.

I try hard to support ancient scripts used to convert to lyx files, and so we
have adjusted successfully in the past lyx2lyx to work with the first
incantation of csv2lyx (among others).

mif2lyx seems to fit under the same umbrella so the same procedure will apply
to it as well. :-)

--
José Abílio