Ok, this is interesting. I have 2 mac machines. Apparantly, their setup is not entirely identical.

One of them prings the .fig images perfectly, the other one makes them pixely and turned 90 °. Turns out that the fig2pdftex.py script fails.

Here's what I see on the command line:

bash-3.2$ python /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/scripts/ fig2pdftex.py combinatorical\ explosion.fig explo.pdft
File "combinatorical" does not exist
Command 'fig2dev -Lpdftex -p1 combinatorical explosion.fig explo.pdf' fails.
bash-3.2$

Ok, so I immediately guessed that renaming the file to combi.fig would fix the problem and it was true. Just funny that on my other Mac machine can handle spaces in file names while the other cannot. Both use Lyx 1.6.1.

Niko