> Support for lilypond-book would be interesting. And sure - if you
> volunteer to do some work then you will get it faster.

I would happily contribute, but I'm not a programmer. May I be of some help
just giving some suggestion or testing?

> This process can be divided into several steps, you won't have to do it
> all at once.

I think your 4-steps are a perfect roadmap.

I have a doubt, although it's regarding more the LaTeX-LilyPond integration:
lily-book knows how to break music lines (or pages) in a given latex
environment, but it can't guess if this environment will change after LaTeX
compile. I mean: I'm writing a komascript book using some packages which can
alter heavily the shape of the text, such as BibLaTeX, by adding more text.
This is the reason why my LyX's LaTeX run up to 4 times when compiling, and
everything works ok. Can lilypond-book give instructions at the beginning of
this process? Can it be run more than once between Latex runs just to refine
the process? If yes, what about LyX and all this mess?

Anyway, to all: keep me updated about any Lilypond-book integration attempt.
Piero