John McCabe-Dansted wrote:
I am using LyX on the Eeepc 701 which has a 800x480 resolution.
Unfortunately a number of LyX dialogs are a bit too large to fit on
the screen. I used "kcmshell font" to set the fontsize to 7 in
~/.qt/qtrc. However LyX seems to have ignored this setting.

You need to set that for qt4. I'd use qtconfig-qt4 to do that, but I don't know if it's available on your machine.

FYI, I've got all our EeePCs---two 901s and a 1000---all running Fedora 10, which works very well with one of the lighter desktops, like XFCE or LXDE. And then you can do as you please.

rh