Hello all,

I have been trying to create side captions for some of my figures in LyX, but
am having some problems.

Using:
LyX 1.6.1
Mac OS 10.5.6

DocumentClass: book (KOMA-script)
(all other document settings are default, aside from preamble, as noted below)

I am writing my thesis and have a compile.lyx document in which I include all
of my chapters as child documents, which are separate LyX files (I'll dub
individual.lyx).  I have succeeded in the individual.lyx file to create a side
caption by including

\usepackage{sidecap}

in the Preamble in Document Settings and then using

\begin{SCfigure}
\centering
\includegraphics[width=0.55\textwidth]%
{Figures/figure.png}% picture filename
\caption{ Captiony stuff }
\end{SCfigure}

to include the figure.  individual.lyx compiles to pdf fine.

However, when I try to compile (to pdf) the compile.lyx file, I get the error:

File does not exist:
/var/folders/fq/fqrxQlvk2P8KFE+BYnDQyU+++Tl/-Tmp-/lyx_tmpdir.L10932/lyx_tmpfub0/Compile.pdf

I have included \usepackage{sidecap} in the preamble of the compile.lyx file as
well.  When I comment out "\begin{SCfigure}...\end{SCfigure}" in the
individual.lyx, compile.lyx compiles successfully (sadly, obviously, minus the
figure).

(Side note: In the case of compiling DVI or PS, I get a LaTeX error claiming it
can't find the figure when compiling either the individual.lyx or compile.lyx
files - Does that have to do with my use of Figures/figure.png in the
\includegraphics tag?)

Is there any way for me to get side captions working using this format of a
compile.lyx file which includes the individual chapters of my thesis?

Thanks for any help, and let me know if there is any additional information
which I should provide.