On Friday 27 March 2009 10:02:03 am Garvin Riensche wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am wondering how I can create a cover page with lyx for my diploma
> thesis that fullfeeds my needs. My document class is report so that I
> can define title, author, date and abstract for the first page. But I
> need to mention the name of the university, ect. at the cover page. How
> can I do that with lyx?
> Further on I need a free page after the cover and one page with the
> statement that I didn't copy anything before the first chapter begins.
> Can I reach all this with lyx or do I need to take plain latex to do that?
>
> regards,
> Garvin

Hi Garvin,

I require a cover page for all my eBooks. There are various packages that can
do that, but I quickly discovered by far the best way is to finesse every
font, every spaceing, every size in the frontmatter. Sometimes I create
special styles just for the frontmatter.

My experience is that trying to make the frontmatter in styles-based authoring
is walking the trail of tears.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package