2009/4/3 Konstantinos Kopanias <kkopan...@web.de>:
> For quite a long time I am trying to use my bibtex (bib) bibliography in
> LyX. My bibliography contains references in many different languages, e.g.
> greek, english, german, french and other north european languages. When I
> import it in Lyx through Insert - List/TOK - BibTex Bibliography only the
> english text is displayed corrected in the pdf file I then create. The
> non-english characters are displayed in jumbled characters and greek as
> empty spaces! I have tried to use different encodings, I have also followed
> the instruction in the LyX wiki for XeTex but with no luck.
> Does someone know what's the problem?
>
> I am using LyX 1.6.2, TeX Live with XeTex installed in windows XP.

I know one solution but I don't know whether is may help in your case.
I am maintaining national characters as \command (you have to refer to
proper reference documents) where I want character in .bib files. Then
LaTeX know what you want to render without taking codepage into
account.

--
Manveru
jabber: manv...@manveru.pl