On 05/04/2009 18:37, Rudi Gaelzer wrote:
I'm using Lyx 1.6.2.  Some time ago, I was able to cross-reference equations
belonging to a different LyX file, which is neither a child nor a master
document.  All I had to do was to create the .aux file for the first document,
open both documents, and then use the xr.sty package with the
\externaldocument{} command in the second document's preamble.

Then, when I inserted a cross-reference, I would have the possibility to
choose labels belonging to the first document and reference them in the second
document.

Now, even when I have both documents open, I no longer have access to the
first document's references when I'm working on the second.

Does anyone knows what is happening here?

Haha, now we know what this was about!
FYI we just hide the document selection combo since 1.6.0 because nobody knew why this was needed. Maybe we can restore it back in 1.6.3 as we found a user :-)

Abdel.