On 2009-04-06, Anders Host-Madsen wrote:
> Talking about tables. I'm trying to import a table from excel.
> I get the error "this file is from an earlier version of LyX,
> but LyX failed to convert it." If I try to open the file lyx created
> from the CSV, LyX crashes. I tried to shorten my csv file
> to a few lines, and then LyX managed to import it. It seems
> to be purely a function of the length, I don't think the rest
> of the table has any different kind of data than the first part.

Normally, lyx2lyx failure is not a problem of length. Maybe there is a
problematic character in the later parts.

You could try dividing the table and import/convert in blocks.

You coula also call the involved programs (csv2lyx and lyx2lyx) manually in
a console window and look for the error messages.

Günter