On 2009-04-06, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 18:50 +0200, Siegfried Meunier-Guttin-Cluzel
> wrote:
>> Did you try the csv format (coma separated values ) ?
>> Siegfried.

> You mean... ? Insert directly a csv file? No, I did not. I just try to
> copy-paste from R. The " " (=space) also can (or should be able to) act
> as a "field separator" (or not?).

Pasting into a table works with table-data if it is TAB separated. The
space is too often needed inside a table cell in the general case.

> But I don't see why the copy-paste does not work? I would expect this to
> be a feature in LyX. Perhaps under development??

You might ask for an extension of the customizable csv2lyx "insert CSV
data" feature to work also as "Paste>Special>CSV" so you do not need to
create and import a temporary CSV file.

A quick workaround would be convert the spaces to tabs in your R output,
to generate an empty table with

   M-x tabular-insert 7 9

(adjust column and row numbers) and paste the data there

Günter