On Thu, 9 Apr 2009, Les Denham wrote:

I haven't that much experience with memois, but here is what I did
differently to get this kind of thing working properly:

\begin{titlingpage}
before the start of the title.

\end{titlingpage}
after the material on the back of the title page.

then
\frontmatter

Contents
List of figures
\mainmatter

then the first chapter, etc.

I don't remember where I found out how to do this.

Les,

  That looks very familiar; I don't do book class documents often enough to
remember how. I just assumed the class took care of everything. :-)

Thanks,

Rich