Occasionally LyX will crash on me (current version 1.6.2).  I have no
idea what causes it so I shouldn't really open a bug report.

Is there some other way of reporting crashes?  Could a LyX add-on
allow the program to send crash reports automatically?  Does anyone
else experience occasional crashes?

A crash is not a big deal as I hit Ctrl+S to save almost instinctively
after any significant modification to the document.  I was just
wondering whether it would be useful to other users and/or the
developers to have a consistent way to report crashes (which are not
obviously reproducible).

Ken