the ccaption package says, i should do this:

\makeatletter

\...@removefromreset{table}{chapter}

\renewcommand{\thetable}{\arabic{table}}

\makeatother

however, when i put it into the preamble, latex complains that
Undefined control sequence.

 \...@removefromreset

{table}{chapter}

The control sequence at the end of the top line

of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have

misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct

spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,

and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.

niko