Hi all,

I am trying to write a few very simple modules that will change the labels Lyx
displays for sectioning and enumerate environments to reflect the final output.
However, I cannot figure out how to do it.
For instance, let's say that I want to redefine subsubsections to show just the
subsubsection number followed by a period with this declaration:

\renewcommand\thesubsubsection{\arabic{subsubsection}.}

I thought I could put this bit of code in a module within the AddToPreamble
block and then change the actual appearance within Lyx in the Style
Subsubsection block. But I am stumped. The relevant style block in the
standard file stdsections.inc shows:

Style Subsubsection
        CopyStyle             Subsection
        LabelCounter            subsubsection
        TocLevel              3
        LatexName             subsubsection
        TopSep                0.7
        BottomSep             0.4
        Font
          Series              Bold
          Size                Normal
        EndFont
End

which I assume means that the label is produced from the Latex label
subsubsection. Since I just instructed LyX to redefine it, shouldn't LyX pick
up the correct label? But it does not. What should I change in the
LabelCounter field of that block to produce the proper label?
I am clearly missing something about how modules work (or, rather, LyX).
Reading the Customization manual did not provide any enlightenment.

Cheers,

S.

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy          Ph:  (979) 862-2211
Texas A&M University              Fax: (979) 845-0458
305B Bolton Hall                  fran...@philosophy.tamu.edu
College Station, TX 77843-4237