On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 04:48:20 +0200, sykes <ed.sy...@sheridanc.on.ca> wrote:

I'm running LyX 1.6.2 on Windows XP.  I use the Tortoise SVN client for
subversion.  I'm getting an error when I try to commit from within LyX:

"Some problem occured while running the command:
'svn commit -m " ... ...."

I don't have access to a windows machine at the moment, but can you check if
svn is in the windows PATH? Just open a command prompt and type 'svn'. If it
says command not found (or something similar), its not there. Try adding the
Tortoise SVN folder containing svn.exe to the Windows PATH. (It's probably
Program Files\Tortoise SVN\bin). Follow this guide to add something to the PATH
variable:

I'm assuming I need a command line client for svn to execute... is there a way to make Tortoise SVN handle this...or is there another application that will do it...or do I need to install cygwin and run LyX through it?

Tortoise SVN is a graphical front-end to svn. I think it includes svn.exe. Even
if it doesnt, you would need to install svn for windows and _NOT_ some cygwin
stuff. Lyx needs the command line program, not a graphical front-end.
Alternatively, you can just use Tortoise SVN _instead_ of LyX to handle
versioning, but I guess you already knew that :)

Cheers,

Kosta