I've not prepared visuals for a while. Current installation is lyx-1.6.2
and beamer-3.0.7 (I think; it's freshly downloaded from CTAN and the
ChangeLog's most current entry is 2007-03-11). I see in that ChangeLog that
the LyX layout was removed because it's part of the LyX development tree.

  What do I remove that used to be there?

  When I try to view the developing presentation using pdflatex I get
errors. I also get errors if I try to view it with dvi because the included
graphics are .pdf format.

  I'd greatly appreciate getting this working again very quickly as I need
to prepare visuals for about 13 hours of workshop I'm presenting in a couple
of weeks.

TIA,

Rich