On Fri, 1 May 2009, J?rgen Spitzm?ller wrote:

Does this happen if you have an empty paragraph or two subsequent blanks
before pressing Home?

Juergen,

  No. Usually I'm typing in a paragraph or an item in a beamer slide and
accidently press the [Home] key instead of the backspace key next to it. Or,
I've stopped typing and want to check something at the beginning of the
buffer so I deliberately press the key.

  Most of the time it works as intended. Only a few times have I been
suddenly left looking at the root window because there's no more LyX window
to be seen. And it's not the same as accidently iconifying the LyX window;
when I middle-click on the root window there's no indication of the
application's presence.

Rich