I have the same problem. Text and equations (displayed, starting with \begin)
are running together in line within one paragraph, sometimes several such
equations. This makes the export file very difficult to read by my 'Latex'
coauthors, so I have to insert new lines by hand to have equations properly
displayed in Latex file before sending it out. I have to do it repeatedly
with any of my new additions to a joint work. This is a real nuisance.  JanR