Dear Lyxers,

I realize this is way off-topic, but there is so much expertise on this list, I
thought I could ask anyway.

I need to create a few idiosyncratic symbols (three, to be exact) and my
efforts to produce them by superimposing existing glyphs with TeX low level
commands  have produced horrible results. I think it would be easier to modify
a font by adding somewhere the three symbols I need.

I say "I think", but I really have no clue, as I never had to mess with fonts.
Can anyone suggest a reasonable starting point to educate myself on the topic?
Links, publications, etcetera on how to create symbols in TeX/LaTeX?

Thanks,

Stefano

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy          Ph:  (979) 862-2211
Texas A&M University              Fax: (979) 845-0458
305B Bolton Hall                  fran...@philosophy.tamu.edu
College Station, TX 77843-4237