BcBob wrote:
I am writing a paper for a physics journal and I want to use the AIP style.
This was not included in the standard list so I downloaded aip.bst from
ftp://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/biblio/bibtex/contrib/phy-bstyles/

I placed the file in this directory (I am using Windows XP)
C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\bibtex\bst\revtex4\

Then I selected Tools|Reconfigure in my Lyx Version 1.5.5 and restarted.
Now, when I click on "Bibtex Generated Bibliography", aip is listed in the
dropdown list under "style" I clicked on OK and on the 'dvi' box. The result
has question marks ? at the citations in the text and no bibliography
appears. If I change the style to, say, 'plain', the citations are present
as os the bibliography list.

I am attaching aip.bst and my Lyx source file.

Any help in getting this to work is appreciated.

Bob
http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2791032/aip.bst aip.bst http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2791032/DEpaper1.lyx DEpaper1.lyx

Did you refresh MiKTeX's file database? LyX being able to find the .bst file is not the same as MiKTeX being able to find it (and having it in a MiKTeX directory does not guarantee that MiKTeX knows it's there).

If you haven't already done so, run the MiKTeX Settings application and in the General tab click "Refresh FNDB". Then try viewing the DVI output. (You do not need to reconfigure LyX again.)

FWIW, I wouldn't put aip.bst in an existing MiKTeX directory -- if you update the RevTeX4 package (or upgrade to a newer version of MiKTeX) down the road, you might lose it. On the Roots tab of the Settings application, there should be a "local" root (typically the first one in the list) where you can place things not downloaded via MiKTeX's package manager. So I'd put aip.bst in something like <local root>\bibtex\bst or <local root>\bibtex\bst\aip (and then refresh the database).

/Paul