On 2009-05-11, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> as a reminder, I can't get the pdf file of a large document.

> I have gone in a texteditor through all the references in the bib file, and
> corrected any non-iso-8859-1 character.

Fine.

> I have started to remove the offending references from the bibfile and
> collect it in another one which is not in the bibfile list of the
> references. Lyx still chokes on it, unless I stop lyx and restart it
> again.

Seems like old auxiliary (aux, bbl, ...) files might be to blame. Does
closing the document and reopening help?

You can also have a look at the "tmp dir".

> Now I even get in one case the same error of a reference which
> is not in the bibfile and after having restarted Lyx.

This one is strange.

If the reference is not in the *.bib file, so how should it be solved?

> It looks like there is some kind of memory, and I found

> lyxauto.Gw6002 in my
> #So my questions are:
> #what is the function of
> #lyxauto.Gw6002 in my
> #/tmp/lyx_tmpdir.TJ3322 directory?

Can't say.

> #Could there be some size limit for large documents with many references?

No.

> Which reminds me to ask for the best way to run 1.5.6 or 7
> parallel to 1.6.3.

If you are home-compiling, specify a version-suffix in the ./configure
step, e.g.:

 * Configuration/Automake:

   Vorkonfiguration mit `autogen.sh`

   Ohne debug-symbole, mit suffix (lyx -> lyx16)::

    ./configure --with-version-suffix=16 --enable-build-type=release

Günter