On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 05:37:35PM -0400, rgheck wrote:

> I'm guessing that you are just redefining the font color, etc, for
> display in LyX, rather than redefining the LaTeX. The two are separate.

Oh, sorry I wasn't clear.  I want exactly the opposite.  The people
I'm collaborating with don't have or use LyX, and don't want to.  So
I'm producing documents that they read and comment on, but don't
change.  It's a little awkward, but it's better than using Word and
having it reformat everything mysteriously from time to time.
> LyX inserts this into the preamble for greyed-out notes:
>
> %% The greyedout annotation environment
>
> \newenvironment{lyxgreyedout}{\textcolor[gray]{0.8}\bgroup}{\egroup}
>
> So what you need to do is put something like this into your preamble:
>
> \renewenvironment{lyxgreyedout}{\textcolor{blue}\bgroup}{\egroup}
> Untested, but it should work.

That does work (it's what I've been doing).  What I _actually_ want to
do, however, is also change the font family of the output.  That is,
I'm normally using a serif body type (Almost European), so I want
these comments as sans serif in the output I produce.  This is because
changing the colour doesn't help you visually very much if you print
it on a monochrome printer, unless the greyed out notes are very light
(in which case they're hard to read).

Clearly, what I need to know is how to change the font family for just
one environment.  The necessary pages of The Fine Manual have so far
eluded me.

Thanks for your help!

Andrew Sullivan
a...@shinkuro.com