"<pick nit>Technically, they installed with MiKTeX; LyX is not
responsible for them.</pick nit>"

 ....My bad.

"To fix this, you have to run the MiKTeX Settings
application, click the "Refresh FNDB" button (FNDB = file name
database), then restart LyX."

Cool beans. It works.

I am greatly relieved to see that with minor tweaking JabRef and LyX do
co-mingle perfectly in windows. From looking at past posts, I started to think
I had to migrate my dissertation to linux (not really an option at my
department) for them to work together fully.

Thanks!