Hello all,

I've been using LyX (1.3.7) happily for many years now . I've recently received a newer computer and took the opportunity to upgrade to Tex Live 2008 and LyX 1.6.2 on OS X 10.4.11. The new version is quite a change from what I'm used to, with plenty of great features. Thanks to all the developers!

My problem is that when I open a new or existing file in 1.6.2 I seem to get a new instance of LyX for each file, instead of multiple tabs in the one window, as one might expect.

How can I -

1. Force new files to open as tabs within a single instance of LyX?
2. Toggle the default behaviour between opening files in a new or existing LyX window (if it's possible)?

I've spent quite a bit of time fiddling around and searching on the wiki. No luck yet. I'm certain I'm missing something very obvious.

I'm currently using the default user interface settings.

Thanks

AT