On 2009-06-01, Stefano Franchi wrote:

> Problem: I have a small illustration produced with Inkscape and saved
> as SVG.  When I insert it into LyX as SVG, it gets converted to a
> bitmapped image

> What I did:

> 1. I followed the instructions on the wiki and added format and
>    converters for SVG and SVG-->EPS, SVG-->PDF, SVG-->PNG

> Result: bitmaps both on screen and in Pdf

> 2. As suggested in an older thread, I tried removing the SVG-->PNG
>    converter.

The SVG->PNG converter is not needed.

> Result: as above

Strange.

Some more trials:

* Convert to Postscript.

* Try the used converter-scripts from a command line and have a look at
  the produced eps and pdf file.

* remove the SVG->PDF converter and try PDF and Postscript generation.

* (add SVG->PDF again and) remove the SVG->EPS converter and try PDF and
  Postscript generation.

* use a different "flavour" of PDF (pdf, pdf1, pdf2) as end-format of the
  SVG->PDF converter.

* Maybe also File>Export>PS/PDF and have a look at the generated graphics
  file.

Günter