Hello Graham,

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 8:26 PM, Graham Smith<graham.sm...@myotis.co.uk> wrote:
> Having got Sweave working on my Mac, I am now trying to get to work on
> Ubuntu.
>
> I have followed the instructions on the Lyx Wiki, but...

I would tend to believe that nowadays the preferred approach to get
LyX working with Sweave is Gregor Gorjanc's [1]; make sure to read his
article in Rnews. For pointers to other approaches please check the
documentation of Rcmdr.Export [2]. From recent ML discussions, there
are plans to introduce out of the box support for Sweave via LyX'
modules. It might be coming any time soon.
Best,
Liviu

[1] http://gregor.gorjanc.googlepages.com/lyx-sweave
[2]