On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 07:27:25AM +0200, Florian Rubach wrote:
> Uwe Stöhr schrieb:
>> Konstantin Porzig schrieb:
>>
>>> ich schreibe derzeit meine Bachelorarbeit und habe nun das Problem,
>>> dass die
>>> LyX Datei, nach dem gestrigen speichern, nicht mehr zu öffnen ist. Es
>>> erscheint folgende Fehlermeldung:
>>>
>>> "D:/......./main_go.lyx"ist kein lesbares Lyx-Dokument."
>>
>> (The list language is English, I'm therefore replying in English.)
>>
>> Your file is no textfile but consists of binary code. It can therefore
>> not be repaired. LyX files are textfiles as you can see when you open
>> LyX files with a text editors. I don't know how this could have
>> happened but are sure that LyX is not to blame here since LyX is not
>> able to create binary output.
>
> Maybe he did enable compression for his document? I dont't know, but
> compressed Lyx-Documents look quite binary to me...

No, it was a *.lyx file that was completely filled by NUL characters
and a backup file that was partially ok and ended with a block of
NUL chars, too, both together in a .rar archive.

So that was not "compression of the document", but "compression for
transport", and that's completely fine in my opinion.

Andre'