On 2009-06-29, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> where can I find infos on installing teXLive in my Debian Lenny system via
> Internet?
> Particularly:
> how do I remove the old texlive stuff?

apt-get remove

> Where do I install it

/usr/local/share/texmf

> Where and how do I set the PATH, MANPATH, INFOPATH?
> in /etc/profile or in  ~/.profile or in ~/.bashrc?

Just try without. Mybe leaving tex-common in place?

* how do I tell Debian that texlive is installed? (hint make a dummy package.)

Alternatively: download and install  the packages you
need in up-to-date versions into either /usr/local/share/texmf or ~/texmf
(that's what I do).

Günter