I have observed a somewhat annoying feature of LyX: when I cut/paste a figure (moving it around within a document, for example), the relative path of the figure changes to an absolute path.

I can see the merits of this when copying between documents so that the figure doesn't get "lost" due to relative paths, but it is somewhat inconvenient otherwise. The biggest problem is that if I move the document to another directory then everything can break.

Is there a way to force LyX to keep relative paths when copying figures?

James