Tad Marko wrote:
On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 8:03 AM, Helge Hafting <helge.haft...@hist.no <mailto:helge.haft...@hist.no>> wrote:

    Tad Marko wrote:

        Hopefully this question has a simple answer. I'm working on a
        book which has
        a table of contents. Is there any way to get the TOC to have dot
        leaders
        between the chapter names and the page numbers?

    Using the document classes like "book" or "book(KOMA-script)" does
    this for me.

After I posted my question, I noticed that book does it for levels below Chapter, but not for Chapter. I'd like the dot leaders on all TOC entries.

Put this in the preamble:
\usepackage{tocloft}
\renewcommand{\cftchapleader}{\cftdotfill{\cftsecdotsep}}

From then on, you have dots in the chapter entries too. Of course you need to have the tocloft package installed somewhere.

Helge Hafting