I very commonly have a paragraph of quotation in Greek, followed by a paragraph
that is the English translation. The problem is that all of the regular English
text AFTER the translation then gets printed as Greek when the output is
produced.

Here is an example. This is what I type in Lyx:
********************
This is English:

    μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος

    Pretend this is a translation of the Greek. The line below should be
English.

This should be English.
*******************************
The only thing I do in Lyx is type the text, mark the quotations as quotations,
and mark the Greek text as Greek.

>From this, Lyx produces the following code:
******************************
\begin_body

\begin_layout Standard
This is English:
\end_layout

\begin_layout Quotation

\lang polutonikogreek
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος
\end_layout

\begin_layout Quotation
Pretend this is a translation of the Greek.
 The line below should be English.
\end_layout

\begin_layout Standard
This should be English.
\end_layout

\end_body

I don't have this problem when the Greek text is NOT followed by an English
translation.