2009/7/9 Luca De Marini <luca.darkmas...@gmail.com>:
> 2009/7/9 silvio grosso <grossosil...@yahoo.it>
>

> just a curiosity. Why do they need money, or better, a certain amount of
> money? Are they using something like Rentacoder? Because if this is not the
> case, I do not understand the need for money.

The answer is simple. A lot of open source developers are freelancers,
so they income depends on number of projects they are able to realize
for their clients. As you probably know money are needed to cover
existence cost like accommodation, food, etc. If someone declared that
can add such feature to the LyX project and need some time for this,
and knows that needs time that cannot be share across other project,
someone else have to cover such costs of existence.

This is something like rent-a-coder, but it this case AFAIK this is
about developer from LyX team.

I am somehow interested in such feature, but I do not have spare money
to donate and my company is rather not interested in LyX. Maybe
someday.
--
Manveru
jabber: manv...@manveru.pl