On Friday 10 July 2009, Jeremy wrote:
> I would like to add to my letters a signature created with inkscape from a
> scanned png and converted to a path and saved as a pstricks .tex file.
>
> So in my .lyx file I have
> \begin{document}
> \newsavebox{\mysignature}
> \sbox{\mysignature}{\input{./mysignature.tex}}
> . . .
> \begin{minipage}[pos]{width}
> \closingphrase
>    \vspace{.6in} \\
>    \begin{textblock*}{2.5in}[0,1](0pt,0pt)
>       \usebox{\mysignature}
>    \end{textblock*}
> My Typed Name
> \end{minipage}
>
> The above works just fine with lyx for dvi and ps output.
> But I can't generate pdf.
>
> In order to directly generate pdfs I need to include in my preamble
> \usepackage{auto-pst-pdf}
>
> and convert to pdf using
> pdflatex --shell-escape file.tex
>
> However, lyx does not allow me to change or add options to the pdflatex
> converter.

I finally got this to work.
I added the option --shell-escape to the LaTeX (pdflatex) -> PDF(pdflatex) and
clicked "modfiy"
but when I clicked on the pdf button to regenerate and view the pdf, the
pstricks logo was missing, but it was visible in the dvi and ps views.

I then clicked on "View -> PDF(ps2pdf)" and the resulting pdf did show the
pstricks logo. However, my envelopes were rotated to landscape view.

So I then added the auto-pst-pdf option -dAutoRotatePages=/None
\usepackage[ps2pdf={-dAutoRotatePages=/None}]{auto-pst-pdf}

but the envelopes were still rotated to landscape.

So I then changed the converter for "Postscript -> PDF (ps2pdf)"
Converter: "ps2pdf13 -dAutoRotatePages=/None $$i $$o"

Now I can generate letters+envelopes in pdf format with included pstricks
logos/signatures.