Erez Yerushalmi wrote:
Dear Developers / Abdel,

I'm really excited to start using the continuous spelling checker.  Is there
any possibility to use it already now, before waiting for the next 2.0.0
version of LyX??

No sorry, I basically rewrote most of the spell-checking code so this is not backportable...

But if you feel adventurous, often do backups, and if you are not afraid of crashes, the development version is not so unstable. I use it myself for my own document. And there is a good chance that the next version will be 1.7.0 and not 2.0.0 as the changes in there are not as destabilizing as the ones introduced in

Can I do anything to add it to the current LyX 1.6.3, windows OS.

Nope sorry you can't, but you can try using 'trunk' from svn. If are not able to compile by yourself, I (or someone else) can probably send you an executable when I come back from holidays.

Cheers,
Abdel.