Hi all,

In the last 6 months this list has featured at least 10 reports of LyX 1.6.x
terminating unexpectedly. I myself had instances of this in 1.6.2 and 1.6.3,
and was lucky enough to find a workaround in 1.6.3.

Turns out, the lyx file causing the crash in my 1.6.3 featured a huge (bigger
than 2mb) .eps file. When the file loaded, the picture on the screen said
reproducible error -- it happened every time in the same amount of time.

Using Vim, I replaced bookcover.eps with bookcover.pdf, a much smaller file,
and the problem disappeared.

So here's my question for everyone reporting 1.6.x crashes: Did your files
include graphics? Did they include large graphics? Were any of the large
graphics .eps files? Was there anybody suffering a 1.6.x crash whose file DID
NOT
have graphic files?

If there's anyone currently able to reproduce this problem, would you be able
to use a text editor to whittle the file down to a small reproducer, and then
use the text editor to toggle the symptom by enabling and disapbling the big
graphic?

Thanks

SteveT