Piero <pierofaust...@...> writes:

> I need 3 kinds of quotation marks:
>
> single quotation mark ('), double quotation mark ("), and caporal quotation
mark
> (« »).
>
> As I need both single and double quotation marks, I don't want to change
> Document > settings > Language > quotestyle which now is set as  "this" (and
> allows me to use 'this' pressing the Alt key).
> But as I use an italian keyboard, I would like to have a direct key binding
also
> to the "«" and "»" characters. The best would be to bind some combination, e.
g.

> Alt + < = "«"
>
> and

> Another (smarter?) way would be a shortkey to change the auto "quote style"
> setting to «quote style» (and back)
>
> but I have no clue on how to use the kmap file or similar. Any (starting)
help?

On Ubuntu 9.04 and Gnome, I use the following key sequence:
<Multi_key> <less> <less> : "«"   guillemotleft
<Multi_key> <greater> <greater> : "»"   guillemotright

(from /usr/share/X11/locale/en_US.UTF-8/Compose, I think is the one used
for it_IT.UTF-8, the same as used for es_ES.UTF-8)

These key combination works in LyX and many other applications.
You must press Right Win (or your ComposeKey) and release it, then twice < (or
>)

In my system <Multi_key> is associated to Right Win, this can be set in
System > Preferences > Keyboard > Dists. > Options button

Regards
Ignacio