>In LyX 1.6.3, how cam I make the Table of Contents drawer go away?

By pressing the small 'x' ?

>Also, after I set the window size and position for
>one file, LyX 1.5.6 would open all subsequent files
>in that window, but 1.6.3 opens some subsequent files
>(those it hasn't seen before) in a small window which
>I then have to resize. Any way to fix this?

You're probably on a Mac then, you can turn off the fact that we open a
new view for each document by checking:

Tools->Preferences->Look & Feel->Open Document in Tabs.

A new view is opened with a default size. Maybe it's a good idea to
resize a new view to the size of the view that has last been resized.

>Bruce

Vincent