On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Vincent van
Ravesteijn<v.f.vanraveste...@tudelft.nl> wrote:

>> But if I close the otherwise useless standard toolbar, the scrollbox
>> isn't on the screen, thus it doesn't open so that I can select
>> chapter,(or other {is it called section type?} choice from list...)
>> Thus the viability of the shortcut sequence I described requires that
>> the standard toolbar be turned on...
>
> Magically, the dropdownbox is also shown when the toolbar is hidden (after
> Alt-P <space>)

>From what I can tell, this is true only if the standard toolbar has
been visible in the relevant window at some time in the past -- at
least on Mac. If as I do (and Joe apparently does) you set your ui
file not to load the standard toolbar, then Alt-P<space> does nothing.
But once you make the toolbar visible and then invisible, Alt-P<space>
does its magic.

BH