2009/8/15 rgheck <rgh...@bobjweil.com>:
> On 08/15/2009 03:21 PM, unknownmosquito wrote:
>>
>> Joe wrote:
>>

>>> In the GUI for LyX the Add and Modify buttons are gray.  I can't modify.
>>> Any advice is appreciated.
>>>
>>> I'm running 1.5.6 on OS X 10.5.4
>>>
>>>  http://n2.nabble.com/file/n669102/Picture%2B3.png Picture+3.png
>>> http://n2.nabble.com/file/n669102/Picture%2B3.png
>>>

>> I have this same problem on two different Fedora 11 machines:
>> http://n2.nabble.com/file/n3450869/%2BPreferences.png
>>
>> It is extremely frustrating. If there is a workaround, please let me know.
>>

> This dialog is kind of confusing. You have to change something, and then the
> "add" or "modify" button will be enabled. So e.g., if you change the "From
> format" to "DVI" and "To format" to "LaTeX (plain)", then the Add button
> will be enabled, so that you can add a DVI-->LaTeX converter (??).
> Alternatively, if you click on "DVI --> Postscript" and then add something
> in the "Extra flag" box, then the Modify button will be enabled.
>
> As I said, I know this is kind of confusing, but we haven't found a better
> system.

If I may suggest something, that could be done in more intuitive ways:

1. More Eclipse approach: Create edit button and do additional dialog
for editing.

2. Keep fields for typing converter parameters disabled. Then when
clicked New - create new row with name 'New Converter', select it,
enable all fields to type and commit button. When clicked edit just
enable the fields to edit and the commit button. Display an question
dialog box when someone clicked on the list of converters above or the
menu of options about abandoning changes. That would be more intuitive
in my opinion.

--
Manveru
jabber: manv...@manveru.pl